- Take a panoramic breath Place your hand upon your chest. Inhale deeply and on the exhale look from left to right. Take another breath and breath out from right to left. This breath gives you perspective.
- Laugh out loud Think of the last thing someone told you that was so funny you couldn't stop laughing. It will make you laugh again. Watch a comedy short, ask someone to tell you a joke, whatever it takes. Or simply start laughing and it will catch on it's own.
- Get moving Get up, get out, make moves. If you are limited then move where you are. Joint rotations, tapping, shaking, dancing, stomping, running, walking, rocking, something anything.
- Shift thoughts Your mind is always on auto pilot, take your power back by guiding it to think about what You want it to think about. For me, it's babies and butterflies.
- Walk away from electronics Be in nature, fresh air, touch something living.
- Drink water ... 95% of the time water is the solution to pain, fatigue, and hunger.
- Do something nice If you are a chronic giver, I caution you not to give, but instead to allow yourself to receive. For everyone else, give something away, even if it's a compliment. Always remember, give from the overflow.
- Shut up! Or Speak up! That got your attention didn't it? My mom used to tell me that a lot, and trust me, I know it's forceful, but if you're anything like me, you know you talk too much. Be quiet. Do an inner scan and see where you're at with yourself. For those of you who are introverted, speak up, say something out loud, you don't hear your real voice often enough.
- Shrug your shoulders 3xs Not just for stress relief yet also as a reminder to care less. Often times we care too much. So much, that we neglect ourselves.
- Get out of your head. Get into your body. Tense and release each muscle group starting from your toes all the way up to your face. Thank each body part for supporting you.
Melania's Healing Edge
Licensed Medical Massage Professional
Melania Mersades writes about Essential Oil Education, Global Energy updates, The moon cycles and the Science behind Energy Medicine.